PHOOOOOOOOOOOOO is my absolute all time favourite dish! Seeing as I crave it all the time, I've decided to just make it myself. Special thanks to Mama Le for the recipe - I defo need a Vietnamese mum in my life xD
Spring onion, chopped
1. Place the chicken in a large pot and add cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat so water is simmering vigorously and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pot from heat, drained and wash the chicken again.
2. Doing this you can clean the chicken and get rid of the blood.
3. Put all the spice into a soup mesh bag.
4. Add chicken,onion, ginger and all of (A) to the pot and cover. Turn heat to high - let it come to boil, then immediately turn heat to low. The longer you boil it the better it will be, I have boiled mine for 7 hours.
7 hours later..
7. Before the broth is ready, soak the dried pho noodles in warm water for about 30 minutes to rehyrdate them. Chop up your condiments and have them ready.
8. When your broth is done, strain it through a fine mesh sieve and skim off any excess oil. Taste the soup for salt and add more as necessary. Bring the stock to a boil. Drain the noodles and add them to the stock. The rehydrated noodles will cook in a matter of seconds, so a couple swishes is all it takes. Split the noodles between bowls and top the garnishes.