- 3 pieces of skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- (you can use chicken breast for a better looking result, but I had chicken thighs left over)
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 170g breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- bunch of basil, chopped
- olive oil, for drizzling
- splash balsamic vinegar
- 100g wild rocket
- 80g/3oz freshly grated parmesan, to serve
1. Flatten each chicken thighs with a rolling pin until it has widen and thinner(this is called an escalope), season the chicken with black pepper, salt and chopped basil.
2. Dredge each chicken in the flour and shake off any excess. Dip each chicken in the egg, then dredge it in the breadcrumbs until completely coated.
3. Pan fry the chicken pieces over medium heat for about 4-6 minutes on each side, or until the breadcrumbs are crisp and golden brown.
4. Then put on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes on 150 degree.
5. For the salad, mix all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl
6. To serve, place salad into the centre of each serving plates then place the chicken on top.