I just love macaroons and this French macaroons recipe is very easy to do.
You can make these macaroons in different flavors such as raspberry, chestnut, vanilla, pistachio etc but I've chosen to make chocolate, green tea and strawberry flavors.
if you are first time of making macaroons, make some mark on the baking sheet first. I used 2p as measurement, it makes a mini macaroons.
Ingredients: (makes 20 macaroons)
A. egg white 46g, caster sugar 46g, few drops of lemon juice
B. Ground almond 50g, icing sugar 76g
C. cocoa powder/greentea powder 1tbs or few drops of food colouring
1. whisk egg whites and caster sugar until stiff
2. Using a spatula, cut and fold half of the almond and icing sugar mixture into the meringue. Add the remaining half, and mix gently. The macaroon mixture should be shiny and have a thick
3. add any flavor you want
4. Line a couple of baking trays with baking paper and pipe small blobs
5. Important step: Now leave the macaroons for at least 20 minutes to 'set'
6. put it in a preheated 180C oven, turn down the temperature to 150C bake until the bubble appear around the edges.
7. turn it down to 120C then bake for 5 mins, turn it down again to 110C and bake for 5 mins.
8. cool on wire racks. Store loosely covered at room temperature.